For the second time this year, a fire broke out at an office in the National Assembly complex but witnesses said the Thursday fire was successfully extinguished.

There were no injuries but the fire on the second floor of in an annex of the National Assembly destroyed documents belonging to the Legal and Accounts Departments.

Alhaji Sani Saidu of Fire Service in the Federal Capital Territory said an electric spark was responsible for the fire following fluctuation from power outage.

The fire did not affect the chambers where the House of Representatives and Senate sit.

A malfunctioning air conditioner was blamed for a January 4th fire.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here