The Federal Government has released more names of people who had allegedly looted the nation’s treasury, reported aftert Lai Mohammed released the first list of treasury looters at a press conference in Lagos on Friday
In a new twist, a fresh list of alleged looters, has been released in a statement issued in Lagos on Sunday, by Minister of Information and Culture, Alhaji Lai Mohammed saying;
“At the press conference where the list was released, I did say it was a tip of the iceberg. Apparently, this does not mean anything to people whose style is to comment on issues they barely understand, or just to shoot down anything coming from the government.
“The Federal Government has a large number of alleged looters on its list. What was the PDP expecting when it challenged the FG to name the looters of the public treasury under the party’s watch? Did the PDP actually believe that the massive looting under its watch was a joke?,” he queried.
The second list of alleged looters and the amount embezzed includes the following…
1. Former NSA Sambo Dasuki: Based on EFCC investigations and findings alone (this is beside the ongoing $2.1 billion military equipment scandal), a total of N126 billion, over $1.5 billion and 5.5 million British Pounds was embezzled through his office. A good number of these monies were simply shared to persons and companies without any formal contract awards.
2. Former Petroleum Resources Minister Dieziani Alison-Madukwe: In just one of the cases the EFCC is investigating involving her, about N23 billion is alleged to have been embezzled. She is also involved in the Strategic Alliance Contracts of the NNPC, where the firms of Jide Omokore and Kola Aluko got oil blocks but never paid government taxes and royalty. About $3 billion was involved. The Federal Government is charging Omokore and Aluko and will use all legal instruments local and international to ensure justice.
3. Rtd. Lt.-Gen. Kenneth Minimah: N13.9 billion. N4.8 billion recovered by EFCC in cash and property
4. Lt.-Gen. Azubuike Ihejirika: N4.5 billion. N29m recovered by the EFCC so far.
5. Alex Barde, former Chief of Defence Staff: N8 billion, and EFCC recovered almost N4 billion in cash and property already.
6. Inde Dikko: former CG Customs: N40 billion, and N1.1 billion in cash recovered in cash and choice properties.
7. Air Marshal Adesola Amosun: N21.4 billion. N2.8 billion recovered in cash. 28 properties and 3 vehicles also recovered.
8. Senator Bala Abdulkadir, former FCT Minister: N5 billion. Interim forfeiture order on some property secured.
9. Senator Stella Oduah: N9.8 billion. Interim forfeiture order on some property secured.
10. Former Niger State Governor Babangida Aliyu: N1.6 billion – from NSA.
11. Senator Jonah Jang, former Plateau State Governor: N12.5 billion.
12. Bashir Yuguda, former Minister of State for Finance: N1.5 billion. $829,800 recovered.
13. Senator Peter Nwaboshi: N1.5 billion
14. Aliyu Usman: Former NSA Dasuki’s aide: N512 million
15. Ahmad Idris: Former NSA Dasuki’s PA: N1.5 billion
16. Rasheed Ladoja: Former Oyo Governor: N500 million
17. Tom Ikimi: N300 million
18. Femi Fani-Kayode: N866 million
19. Hassan Tukur, former PPS to President Goodluck: $1.7 million
20. Nenadi Usman: N1.5 billion
21. Benedicta Iroha: N1.7 billion
22. Aliyu Usman Jawaz: Close ally of former NSA Dasuki: N882 million
23 Godknows Igali: Over N7 billion