The Ondo State House of Assembly on Tuesday confirmed the 18 commissioner nominees forwarded to the legislature by Governor Rotimi Akeredolu.
The nominees were cleared 15 days after their names were read by the Assembly clerk, Bode Akinyelu, during a plenary session on August 1, 2017, after being received from the governor.
Mr. Akeredolu had forwarded 18 nominees to the House of Assembly for consideration on July 31.
The names were confirmed at a sitting of the parliamentarians following the recommendation of the Assembly House Committee on Screening and Selection headed by Bamidele Oleyeloogun.
Iroju Ogundeji, the deputy speaker of the Assembly who presented the committee’s report, said the nominees have the requisite and educational qualifications to be appointed as commissioners.
“So, honorable colleagues and members of this 8th Assembly, the committee has done the needful,” he said.
He later presented the recommendation of the committee to the lawmakers on behalf of the assembly speaker before it was adopted.
SaharaReporters gathered that the lawmakers confirmed the names of the 18 nominees at exactly 1:15 Pm on Tuesday.
The nominees are:
(1) Femi Agagu, (Okitipupa)
(2) Gboyega Adefarati, (Akoko South West)
(3) Taofeek Abdusalam (Akoko North East)
(4) Yemi Olowolabi, (Idanre)
(5) Wale Akinterinwa, ( Ile-Oluji/Okeigbo)
(6) Wahab Adegbenro (Ifedore)
(7) Solagbade Amodeni, (Akoko South East)
(8) Rasheed Badmus, (Akoko North West)
(9) Omowumi Olatunji (Akure South)
(10) Emmanuel Igbasan, (Irele)
(11) Funso Esan, (Ilaje)
(12) Olurimisi Ismaila, (Odigbo)
(13) Saka Yusuf Ogunleye, (Akure North)
(14) Ojogo Donald (Ese-Odo)
(15) Bayonle Ademodi, (Ondo East)
(16) Lola Fagbemi, (Ondo West)
(17) Timilehin Adelegbe, (Ose)
(18) Kole Olawoye, (Owo)
The nominees have already met with the governor at the government office in Akure shortly after their confirmation by the Assembly.
Sources told SaharaReporters that the 18 nominees will likely be sworn in before the end of the week.