President Muhammadu Buhari’s government has developed a framework to train and equip, personnel to tackle insecurity.
A statement by Odutayo Oluseyi of the Ministry of Police Affairs, said to this end, the Minister, Muhammad Maigari Dingyadi, has inaugurated a 12-member Ministerial interim Committee on the Nigeria Police Trust Fund.
The committee, chaired by Nnamdi Maurice Mbaeri, Permanent Secretary, Ministry of Police Affairs, includes Moremi Soyinka-Onijala, lawyer, one of the daughters of Professor Wole Soyinka.
The statement quoted Dingyadi as explaining that the careful selection of members of the Committee which comprises of Directors/Heads of Units of the Ministry and senior members of the Police hierarchy was to meet various sector requirements.
The team is to draw up the take-off Budget for the Trust fund; Liaise with the office of the Secretary to the Government of the Federation for a suitable office accommodation for the administration of Funds; Determine the logistics and other necessary requirements for the effective take-off of the Fund; Develop an organizational structure for the administration of staff of the fund; Develop a timeline for the take-off of the Fund and; Propose a date for the inauguration of the board.
Full list of members below:
- Nnamdi Maurice Mbaeri (FCA) – Permanent Secretary – Chairman
- Dr. Kayode Musbau K – (DFA) – Member
- Bombata Babatunde H. – (DHRM) – Member
- Barr. Moremi Soyinka-Onijala – (PID) – Member
- Afroka Emmanuel Chukudi – SA/Perm. Sec. – Member
- Joseph O Egbunike – CP – Member
- Shehu Usman Shuaibu – AG. CP – Member
- Augustine Akpofure Saromi Fsi – DCP – Member
- Jonathan Towruru – DCP – Member
- Emeka Frank Mba – DCP/FPPRO – Member
- Abel Jangnap Miri Zwalchir – ACP – Member
- Zubairu M.G. – D(PSD) – Member(dpa)